BIG Staying Power: The Power of Letting Go
“Relax—let go; life is in perfect order” were the words that resonated with me the other day in our Office Dynamics 5-Pillar Huddle. Staying power isn’t always about movement and taking action. Sometimes staying power is actually about sitting quietly, waiting, and being patient. Now I will admit that this is very difficult for me to practice. I am a woman of action and don’t often sit unless I am on vacation. If I’m not moving forward and hitting my goals, I feel like I’m not living my life’s purpose.
Believing that life is in “perfect order” takes a tremendous amount of courage and trust. You have to have the courage to hold tight and trust that in due time, whatever it is you have been striving for, will come about. You have to trust that if things did not turn out the way you dreamed or wanted, that everything is still in perfect order; this is the way it is supposed to be and all will work out in due time.
It’s easy for us to demonstrate courage when things are moving in a direction we like—but what about when any one of your 5 Pillars (Career, Family, Financial, Spiritual and Wellness) is cracked or crumbling? Usually we become anxious. We feel a sense of urgency. But imagine if you could truly relax—let go—release feelings of fear, anxiousness, and rushing to get an answer. Wouldn’t that be wonderful? You would be less stressed for sure.
I’m not saying we do nothing to move things forward. But we can go about our day, and life, being focused on what is happening in the moment or who we are with at the moment.
11 Tips For Relaxing Your Mind
- Do something that truly has meaning for you.
- Find something fun to do during the week and go do it!
- Read a book that you can get completely absorbed in.
- Focus on 5 good things in your life. Maybe at the end of the day, write in a gratitude journal.
- Tell your little voice to “shut up!” The voice that stirs up your doubts and fears; the voice that criticizes your ideas or dreams.
- Listen to uplifting audio programs.
- Go to the movies.
- Sit outside and visit with friends (no cell phones allowed).
- De-clutter your life. Maybe you have too much going on.
- Get away. Go somewhere beautiful to you and chill out!
Of course when you do any of the above, you must shut your mind off from any thoughts that create anxiety, stress, or drain you. With a little bit of practice, you can do this!
Image courtesy PicJumbo.com