Christmas is only 3 weeks away.
Even if you don’t celebrate Christmas, I’m sure you are busy with year-end activities and preparing to celebrate New Year’s Eve. If you’re like most of us, you’re feeling the “squeeze” to get it all done. (I’ll let you in on a little secret you already know: Some things will probably not get done. And that’s OK.)
To help you stay effective, achieve more and reduce stress, here are a few proven tips on managing time during this busy season:
- Review your approaching deadlines. Take a moment to plot out work projects, activities and events planned over the next three months. What steps do you need to take to ensure you meet those deadlines? Build them into your schedule now! (And accelerate the process if you’re facing year-end deadlines, of course.)
- Ask clarifying questions about what’s needed and expected of you before you act on someone’s work request. This is an excellent best practice that can prevent mistakes during high-stress times when we’re often asked to “rush” certain projects.
- Limit interruptions. Co-workers typically love socializing at this time of year, but that can cut into your precious work time. Here’s a helpful suggestion: If you’re bringing a holiday treat to the office, remove it from your desk (where co-workers will congregate) and put it in a common area, such as the lunch room, so your kind act doesn’t unintentionally thwart your productivity and create unwanted stress for you.
Wishing you all the time in the world for the things that matter most! Remember: You’re in charge of your time – so don’t let it control you, even during the stressful holiday season.
Bonus Tips for Managing Stress
- Learn to live one day at a time.
- Start saying “no” more often.
- Get up 15 minutes earlier every day.
- Be prepared to wait and have something to read for when you do.
- Create order out of chaos.
- Do something that will improve your appearance.
- Allow yourself time every day for quiet and introspection.
- Do especially unpleasant tasks early in the day.
- Learn the negative aspects that go on with your job. Can you change them or do you need to accept them?
- Set up a daily activity to renew your attitude.
- Surround yourself with positive people and reading materials.
- Take a mental break.
We have some great events going on right now. Join us for the 12 Days of Christmas Webinar Event (12 Free Webinars, Give aways and Special Offers!)