How fast can you get amazing tips, tricks, and happiness in your day? Lisa Olsen bounded to the stage with vibrant energy. She said she was going to provide 30 tips in 30 minutes! Are you ready? Get set … GO!
1. Start with a sincere smile and a positive statement for every interaction.
2. The days of the average administrator are gone.
3. Make yourself worth being talked about – for the right reasons.
4. To an admin, the perfect stapler is just as important as the perfect pair of shoes. (Can I get a witness?)
5. If you are not managing your own professional image, someone else is. (powerful statement)
6. If you can’t keep a relationship friendly, you have to keep it smart.
7. What would every admin in this room do if you weren’t afraid? (challenging!)
8. Stop self-sabotaging. Learn to say “no” graciously.
9. When in doubt, twirl! (The entire room stood and twirled. It felt great!)
10. The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?
11. Leadership is a choice you make not where you sit.
12. I heard it through the grapevine is not on an admin’s playlist.
13. Give carrier pigeon kudos. Relay good news.
14. Always wear a whatsit. (from How to Talk to Anyone Leil Lowndes). [a whatsit is an item you wear that is remarkable, so that people will ask you about your lapel pin, necklace, earrings, etc. It starts conversations because there is usually a story about where you got it, the trip, etc.]
15. At some point people will care more about your character than your IQ.
16. An admin can tell you how to get to Sesame Street.
17. When the boss is pushing your button: stop, drop and roll.
18. People will stop asking you stupid questions when you answer in interpretive dance.
19. Never stop doing your best, just become someone doesn’t give you credit.
20. Life is better when you’re laughing.
21. Gatekeepers: it’s a gate, no a wall.
22. You get 100% of what you don’t ask for.
23. Survivor for Admins: we have it figured out and no one gets voted off.
24. Have a good candy dish.
25. Get above it all. Practice mental cognition. Get on top of the issues.
26. Put your best foot forward.
27. Negativity spelled backwards is ytivitagen. It just doesn’t make sense. Don’t be negative!
28. Don’t let tech hide your human side.
29. Leading is investing.
30. May the odds be ever in your favor!
Everyone enjoyed the amazing fast paced ride of wisdom, humor and great tips provided by Lisa, our surprise guest.