Joan Burge, Founder and CEO of Office Dynamics International since 1990
Industry Expert • Passionate Advocate • Creator of Unique and Specialized Training
• Premier Coaching and Mentoring • Catalyst for Change and Improvement
Joan has made an indelible imprint on thousands of administrative professionals worldwide by creating a renewed focus on excellence in the workplace. Her impact reaches all levels of the profession through her personal brand of premier educational and training certification programs. She has coached and developed executive/assistant teams, leading to improved performance and sustainable partnerships.
Joan is a passionate advocate for the administrative profession as a career of choice. Since 1990, she has helped companies boost their bottom line by adding value within the administrative function.
Joan has a proven track record of skilled instructional design; bringing exuberant energy and positive attitude to her curricula. She engages participants of every age group through experiential techniques and innovative learning activities. A Joan Burge program or presentation will include facilitation of stimulating participant discussions and thorough post-workshop/program evaluations.
Joan has mastered the art of capturing a client’s goals, values and culture in order to tailor training and enrichment classes to meet their specific needs. She has created uniquely customized workshops, presentations, seminars and coaching sessions around the client—understanding that one size truly does not fit all.
Because of her engaging ability to empower learners and create behavior modification, Joan has been a popular speaker, presenting numerous educational programs to audiences outside the administrative realm.
Joan’s exhaustive research on the administrative profession and the interactions between administrators and the executives and leaders they support has made her the industry expert.
Joan’s clients represent all industries and companies of all sizes.
A visionary for the administrative profession, Joan eloquently articulates the vision for administrative excellence while teaching the necessary competencies for success in the field.
Creator, Author and Master Trainer
Star Achievement Series® consists of 12 full days of training with 3 levels of learning. Joan designed workbooks for each full-day course ranging from 50 – 75 pages. Included in the workbook is content for in-classroom use, interim classroom activities, assessments, tools for dialogue, and lists extensive resources. Joan designed the content in a way that created interaction and skill practice in the classroom.
- Curriculum has been updated 16 times in 27
- Joan designed a certification process for attendees and created a curriculum-based designation: CEAP (Certified Executive Administrative Professional) outlining an entire process for achievement
- Joan designed two additional programs:
- Star Meteor™ (a full-day workshop with a workbook)
- Star Achievement Series® Refresher Course (a full-day workshop with a workbook)
Star Achievement Series® Trainer Certification Course
- Joan wrote in-depth, detailed, comprehensive Instructor Guides for Levels I, II, and III detailing learning objectives, time agendas, pre-class preparation, formats, scripts, overviews, special trainers notes and more. These are highly-effective, user-friendly guides that ensure success to the individuals being certified to teach within their own
Star Achievement Series® Certified Trainers’ Continuing Education Courses
- Designed and strategically mapped out three days of learning for three different courses
- Wrote several presentations to facilitate during the courses
- Designed engaging, creative learning activities
- Designed the participant in-depth workbooks for each course
- Designed 10 modules (two – three hours each)
- Designed the participants workbook for 10 modules
- Designed comprehensive Instructor Guides
World Class Assistant™ program offers two levels of learning
- Designed the content, learning activities, and quizzes for Part 1 and Part 2 courses; each is 2 ½ days
- Joan designed a certification process for this program and created a curriculum-based designation: CWCA (Certified World Class Assistant)
Mastering Exceptional Self-Leadership Certification Program, A 2-day Mega Training Event (6 Cities)
- Designed the entire program including learning activities, participants workbook and any content-related information
- Presented the two-day mega event
- Created a process for attendees to achieve their Self-Leadership Certification
Designed More Than 100 Standalone Presentations, Workshops And Seminars Including Some Of The Following:
- From Chaos to Control™
- Fighting Office Dragons™
- Eggs & Attitudes™
- Communicating Effectively for Results-Oriented Teamwork
- Creative Problem Solving for Career Success
- Becoming An Inner Circle Assistant
Joan designed and delivered each program and participant materials for each program. They range from one-hour to three-day workshops.
24 Annual Conferences For Administrative Excellence
- Created, presented and hosted more than 24 conferences
- Engaged up to 450 attendees through educational presentations
- Wrote speeches and participant handouts for each conference
- Conceptually designed the flow of each conference and each theme for the event
- Collaborated with Creative to present meaningful visuals
- Created her own videos for ‘edutainment’ at conferences
- Designed concurrent session presentations with participant handouts
Produced More Than 150 Educational Videos, including the best-selling 26 Weeks to Administrative Excellence; can be accessed via com and Office Dynamics YouTube Channel
- Designed and presented each program with excellence
Online Learning Programs For Administrative Professionals
- Designed the entire video learning programs including participants worksheets or booklets
- Delivered each content-rich program with energy and creativity
Author Of 8 Books
- Give Yourself Permission to Live a BIG Life
- Who Took My Pen . . . Again?
- Underneath It All
- Become An Inner Circle Assistant
- Real World Communication Strategies That Work
- Remarkable Women
- The Survival Guide For Secretaries And Administrative Assistants
- A Survival Guide For The Novice Entrepreneur
Creator of Innovative Learning Activities
Joan has a distinctive talent for engaging learners on a deep level through comprehensive programs, educational booklets and workbooks, blogs and e-zines. As one participant said, “Joan gets inside your head and heart and helps you change your perspective.” This is the outgrowth of her ability to engage people in the learning process and inspire behavior change. Joan has a knack for utilizing props and everyday items to reinforce her concepts leading to post-class retention.
A Reputation of Excellence
Office Dynamics is proud to call some of the world’s best-known companies, institutions and organizations “clients.” To have earned a reputation for excellence among those who define its meaning is, to us, proof of success.Abbott Laboratories
Bank of N.T. Butterfield & Son Ltd.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Boy Scouts of America
Children’s’ Hospital of Philadelphia
DC Water & Sewer Authority
Department of the Army
Department of the Navy Detroit Edison
Dixon Hughes Goodman
Elanco Animal Health
Eli Lilly & Co.
Geisinger Health System
Humana Inc.Huntington Bank
McDermott Will & Emery, LLP
Michigan State University
National Association of Realtors
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
Procter & Gamble
Sands Expo & Convention Center
Spectrum Health Systems
Utah State University
Areas of Expertise for the Training & Development Profession
Area of Expertise Description Years Performance Improvement Applying a systematic process of discovering and analyzing human performance gaps; planning for future improvements in human performance; designing and developing solutions to close performance gaps; partnering with the customer when identifying the opportunity and the solution; implementing the solution; monitoring the change; evaluating the results 27 Instructional Design Designing, creating, and developing informal and formal learning solutions to meet organizational needs; analyzing and selecting the most appropriate strategy, methodologies, and technologies to maximize the learning experience and impact 27 Training Delivery Delivering informal and formal learning solutions in a manner that both engages the learner and produces the desired outcomes; managing and responding to learner needs 27 Evaluating Learning Impact Gathering, organizing, and analyzing information regarding the impact of learning solutions against key business drivers; presenting the information in a way that is meaningful to the organization 27 Managing Learning Programs Providing leadership to execute the client’s strategy; planning, monitoring, and adjusting learning 27 Integrated Talent Management Changing the organization’s culture and perception of the administrative role to meet the modern-day role, leading to a new way of thinking about the profession; higher retention rates 27 Coaching Using interactive process to help individuals develop rapidly and produce results; improving other’s ability to set goals, take action, make better decisions, and make full use of their natural strengths 17 Knowledge Management Capturing, distributing, and archiving intellectual capital 27 Change Management Applying structured approaches to shift individuals, teams, and organization from a current state to a desired state 27