Joan Burge, Founder & CEO, Office Dynamics International Administrative Visionary and Expert
Joan Burge is known as the red-lipstick-wearing “Rock Star” of administrative and executive assistant training and a successful entrepreneur who created a unique business niche by founding a movement to help administrators see themselves as professionals so they could excel in business.
Joan is an accomplished author, writer, speaker, consultant and corporate trainer after 23+ years of hard work, dedication, and sheer “No is not an option” attitude.
In 1990, she created a business in an untapped niche, overcoming monumental obstacles involving corporations’ and managers’ attitudes, prejudices and stereotypes about executive
assistants and administrative professionals. She dedicated herself to inspiring excellence and encouraging administrative professionals to reach for the stars! Her company, Office Dynamics International, is a global industry leader which offers a broad range of solutions and providing high-performance, sophisticated executive and administrative assistant training, and coaching.
One thing is clear: Executive assistants, their executives, HR business partners, administrators, and managers have come to rely on Office Dynamics International, because “only Joan is Joan.” Joan Burge is an original; the foremost expert in the demanding field of management support. She put in the hard work and high investment required to earn the reputational excellence and uncompromising trust of leaders in business. She illuminates through her empowering teaching, building better work relationships between executives and their assistants.
Joan Burge’s never-ending quest to provide top-notch educational programs has earned the respect of premier clients like Cisco Systems, AT&T, Kindred Healthcare, The Boeing Co., Humana Inc., Sunoco, Nokia, Procter & Gamble, Nationwide Insurance, and Chevron.
Joan is best known for her highly-acclaimed Star Achievement Series® course which promotes “Star Performance” among executive assistants and administrative staff. This flagship training program has inspired thousands of administrative professionals to achieve excellence.
She is the creator and host of the Annual Conference for Administrative ExcellenceTM (started in 1993); the World Class AssistantTM Certification course; Mastering Exceptional Self-Leadership Certification course; and more than 40 customized workshops and seminars for executive and administrative assistants. She created several educational video series for assistants including 26 Weeks to Administrative Excellence, Reality Check, AdminologyTM and Now Is the Time.
Joan has authored four groundbreaking books for administrative professionals including the 2012 hot new release and Amazon Best Seller – Who Took My Pen … Again? Secrets from Dynamic Executive Assistants. Her administrative career “bibles” entitled Become an Inner Circle Assistant and Underneath It All continues to be favorites among executive and administrative assistants worldwide.
She is a member of the American Society for Training & Development, National Speakers Association Las Vegas Chapter, Society for Human Resource Management, and Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce.
Office Dynamics International is the first administrative- dedicated training and development company whose CEO’s credentials include:
- A wealth of hands-on experience and specialized knowledge gained through 20 years administrative experience.
- A rare perspective having worked on both sides of the desk; including 20 years in the administrative profession and more than 20 years as an executive.
- Designing superb training through premier coaching and educational products (books, workbooks, videos, webinars, blogs, CDs, DVDs) and conferences.
- Wowing audiences across the country with her no-nonsense brand of wisdom, wit and expertise as a seasoned, highly sought-after professional speaker who relates to younger career workers and experienced professionals alike.
- Working side-by-side with executives and assistants daily. Joan is still in the trenches, relating, guiding, listening to, and inspiring administrative professionals and their leaders every day! Joan Burge is on-site, in small and big offices spanning a wide spectrum of industries, seeing first-hand the challenges, obstacles, and opportunities for success.