Hello Monday Motivators!
I hope you had a good weekend and are getting back into the swing of your normal schedule.
Last week I wrote about ‘Dream Big’. Our Office Dynamics theme for January is DREAM BIG! If you did not read last the Monday Motivator for January 7, you should do so as it will give you the premise for today’s tips. In that article, I had asked readers to share their BIG dream with us and we would post them on our Office Dynamics Blog. Stories are already rolling in and I am excited to see that people are visioning the possibilities for what could come to fruition this year.
Often when we dream big, a little voice tells us, “That will never happen.” Or “That is crazy. That is for other people; not you.” And so we lower our goals, standards for a better life, and push our dreams aside. You will never know what you can achieve until you set it in your head and push it out to the universe! When I started Office Dynamics, it was a big dream and seemed impossible at the time because companies and managers were not investing money in professional development for their assistants. Assistants were not attending anything more than a one-day seminar. I continued kept my vision in my mind and pictured where I wanted to be and how I wanted to impact the lives of thousands of assistants. And, BINGO, here I am 22 years later reaching administrative professionals around the world.
Easier said than done! After you DREAM BIG, you have to put certain behaviors into place. You have to get yourself back up when life has taken you off track. You have to stay dedicated and committed and keep the fire of desire burning in your heart month after month after month after month. Be warned: your desire will wane and so will your dedication, because we are human.
Here is what you need to do after dreaming the best possible life for yourself:
- Believe that you can and will accomplish your dream. Belief in yourself is the foundation. Without that, you may as well not even start.
- You can’t let other people’s doubts and fears persuade you to give up on your dream. Just remember, they are voicing their fears.
- Build your support group around you. You cannot achieve those big dreams by yourself.
- Be crystal clear about what you want. If you want to take your family on a cruise this year: a. What kind of cruise? b. What kind of ship? 2,000 passenger capacity or 5,000 passenger capacity? c. Do you want a kick-back, super-saver cruise or a luxurious cruise? d. How many days? 5, 7 or 10? e. Where do you want to cruise? The Caribbean? The Panama Canal? Alaska? The clearer your picture is, the better chance you have of getting what you want.
- Plan. Write out detailed steps and include specific steps for each one. Such as, “I need to save $5,000.00 for the cruise and here is how I will do that_____.”
- Be prepared for barriers and be determined you will work around them. As I said, life happens. It does not mean you have to give up on your dream. Or when you hit that first obstacle, you may be tempted to trash your BIG DREAM. Expect it and get over it and move on. It’s like a detour in the road; find a different route. Or you may have to put your dream on the back burner for 4 months. But do not give up unless you discover you have a bigger, more passionate dream.
It’s not too late to share your BIG dream with me. When we publicly declare our dream, we are more apt to follow through. If you want to share with me your BIG dream and allow me to post it on the Office Dynamics Blog, write me at staff@OfficeDynamics.com. In your e-mail subject line, write: MY BIG DREAM. Read some of our fantastic BIG DREAM submissions now!
If you have not established your BIG dream yet for 2013, you better get going. The sooner you have it in your head, the sooner your subconscious will attract what you want in your life.
You can have a BIG dream for your career, family, spiritual life, financial and wellness. Go ahead — go out on a limb this year. Do things that are exhilarating and shake yourself up!
Not sure where to start on your big dream? Get Joan’s eBook Live a BIG Life this month only for $5.00 and get some inspiration on where you might begin.
Love Living a BIG Life? Show it! All Live a BIG Life products are 25% off this month only. Dream BIG, Live BIG! Use coupon code: DREAMBIG – Give yourself permission to shop now!
DREAM BIG in your BIG Girl Diary!Just because we are older, it does not mean we stop dreaming, although many people in their 50s and beyond do. If this is you, you need to start dreaming again.
We all have glimpses of thoughts, ideas, wants and wishes. You need to write your ideas down. They need to be visible and kept in a very special place. Save 25% in January, use code DREAMBIG.