BIG Thoughts: Are You Living a Busy Life or a BIG Life?
Now there is a BIG thought! I hope that title got you thinking. We are very good at living busy lives. We all talk about our crazy schedules and busy weekends. We write our to-do lists and check things off our calendars. Parents run their kids from practice to practice and weekly soccer games; we run errands on the weekends; meet our friends for dinner or movies; attend football games, weddings, showers—run to our doctor appointments and more. The list goes on and on. We think we are living our BIG life, but are we just living a busy life.
When I speak on the topic of Time Management I use an analogy of a hamster and a hamster wheel. A hamster loves to run around its wheel. It goes round and round and think he is getting somewhere. In reality, the hamster is going nowhere. I think we mimic that behavior much of the time. We run around all day and think we are getting somewhere or making headway but we really have not.
So here are some BIG thoughts for this week that will lead you to living a BIG life.
Affirmations are thoughts in our mind—what we say to ourselves and they are extremely powerful. We want to use them in a way that works for us, not against us. Affirmations are especially powerful when we repeat them over and over.
- Small thinking leads to a small life. Think BIG.
- Look at life with a question mark; not a period. You will get new answers and insights when you place a “what if” question in your subconscious.
- Who you are today is not all you are capable of becoming.
- It takes courage to live BIG.
- Let your inner light shine and do not always follow the crowd. They may be going in the wrong direction.
- Ignite your passion.
- Security lies within you, not a job.
- Be willing to lose in order to win.
- Stare your fears in the face.
- Obstacles and barriers are just tests of how badly you want something. If you are not willing to fight for “it” then maybe “it” is not worth fighting for.
Expand your mind and embrace BIG thoughts this week.
P.S. Visit our BIG Life Gallery for nice images of my sayings above.
Are You Living a Busy Life or a BIG Life?
Want more on BIG Life? Check out the book, Give Yourself Permission to Live a BIG Life, today!