Happy last Monday of July! Do you believe it? I certainly feel like I have been on the fast track this year and feel like soon I will be putting out my Halloween decorations. In fact, in my mass of catalogs that arrive in my mail, I saw the first one promoting Halloween decorations. Really? Can I please finish my summer?
Anyway, life is passing by quickly and I want to share something exciting with you and encourage you that while you may have to put your dreams or goals on the back burner, they are in your reach. You just have to be patient and never, never give up.
Office Dynamics launched its first e-book (Who Took My Pen … Again?) on July 25! This project was in my heart last winter 2011. It was on our project list for the first half of 2012. Well, others things came into play, business was moving fast, we had new projects that demanded our attention and time and before we knew it, the e-book was postponed. I was disappointed but after being in business 21 years, I know that is what happens. As months passed, the e-book was in the back of mind and Jasmine, too, was giving it great thought. Nancy Fraze, our third author who lives in California, was patiently waiting in the wings.
Finally, I decided we needed to move the e-book back onto the front burner. I must give tons of credit to Jasmine Freeman who jumped in with both feet and took control of the project. She found a local e-book expert, met with her a few times, attended some training, mapped out the entire path for the e-book links, and coordinated the entire project! So, thanks to Jasmine’s effort, the e-book was launched! We had a 2-day special on Amazon to celebrate the launch. Within only hours of it’s release the eBook and the paperback versions of Who Took My Pen … Again? Were numbers 1 and 2 on the Amazon Best Seller list in the category of Secretarial Aids and Training!
So what does all this mean to you? What do I want to share that you can apply this week at work (or at home)?
- Never give up on your dreams. Be patient. So many give up when they hit roadblocks or barriers or become distracted with life.
- Be open to new projects and opportunities presented to you by your leader or a team.
- Test new skills.
- Jump in with both feet.
- Build networks every day as you never know when they will help you out. Jasmine had met the e-book expert, Peggy a while back and remembered her.
- Set stretch goals for yourself.
- Involve others at work in your goals.
- Know when to bring a project or goal back into play. So while we had to move the project from an “A” priority to a “C” priority, I knew when we had waited long enough. At some point, you have to say, “Yes pull this forward and let’s jump in with both feet.”
What have you been sitting on for a while that you need to bring forward this week? Maybe you aren’t moving forward on a goal because you are afraid. You will never know what you can accomplish until you try.
Wishing you a great week and welcome to August.