Welcome to April, a month that can change your career if you’re an administrative professional.
We love this time of year, it’s time to shine the spotlight on our favorite office professional, you, the assistant.
While we serve the administrative profession all 365 days of the year this is the month that you get a week of recognition, or at least a day. And if you’re friends of ours, well…we’re giving you the whole month.
It’s time to kick-off a special event we’ve been hosting for years here on our blog that we hope you will enjoy!
At Office Dynamics International we’ve been working hard to organize a special event just for you that will not only be fun and pump-you-up with excitement for your career – this event will provide you with expert tips and trade secrets, real-world advice and solutions you can take back to your desk and implement right away.
Not only will we be sharing our expertise, we’ve rallied together a whole bunch of experts we’ll be introducing as we journey through this April Blog-a-Thon.
Just a few of the experts who are looking forward to joining us:
- Brandi Britton, OfficeTeam
- The Travo Team
- Julie Perrine, All Things Admin
- Donna Gilliland, MOSTraining
- Kemetia Foley, Admin Renegade Blog & 2016 Conference for Administrative Excellence Speaker
- Shelagh Donnelly, Exceptional EA
- Office Dynamics Team Members
- Administrative Professionals like yourself who had a revolutionary idea that they just had to share with you
- and many more!
There are chances to win great prizes, all you have to do is engage with the blog posts by commenting as well as sharing the post on social media.
Hint: Never miss a post by subscribing to our blog on the upper right of this screen. You will be notified by email each time we add a new entry to our blog.
Stay tuned for more challenges, contests and a ton of expert tips in the coming weeks.
Comment below and let us know what you are most looking forward to this month.
How to participate in the Blog-a-Thon.
- Simply comment to win.
- If you have strict corporate policies that restrict your from receiving gifts – don’t let that hold you back from participating. Please just let us know if you waive the right to win your prize and we’ll draw another name.
- Multiple comments do not equal multiple entries on the same post.
- Commenting on multiple posts does equal multiple entries. The more posts you visit and leave a comment on, the more chances you have to win.
- Sharing the post on social media will also be a bonus entry – please tag us in your posts so we know when you share them.
How do I tag you in my social media posts?
Follow us on the platforms below and be sure to mention us or tag us in your post so that we’re able to track your shares. The following platforms will be monitored:
Why do we host a Blog-a-Thon in April?
Our Blog-a-Thon in honor of Administrative Professionals is held once a year (April). This is the time of year the administrative profession gets a lot of attention with the last week of April traditionally being Administrative Professionals Week and this year (2016) Administrative Professionals Day is Wednesday, April 27, 2016.
We enjoy providing an abundance of tools and resources for the administrative professional to enhance their career throughout the month with continuous blog posts. Offering educational programs to administrative support staff through free resources, products, services and events are something we focus on all year long and this is a great time of year to highlight why we’re here and that we are here for you.
What is a Blog-a-Thon?
Our Blog-a-Thon is a free online event. We update our blog daily with posts from our team or our partners adding content for you daily. You enter to win prizes by engaging with these blogs by commenting and sharing.
Please share this event with the administrative assistants, executive assistant, administrative professionals and other office professionals in your life.
Register for the upcoming free webinar event, Getting People to Notice You, Cultivating High Self-Esteem.
Please note comments will require approval. You’ll see your comments as soon as our staff has approved them.
2016 Blog-a-Thon Posts
- 10 Questions to Find the Perfect Venue by Peerspace
- 5 Powerhouse Strategies for Creating Administrative Peer Power by Joan Burge
- Why Being an Executive Assistant is a Rewarding Career by Joan Burge
- Have You Reached a Career Plateau? How to Regain Control by Shelagh Donnelly, Exceptional EA
- Today’s Admin Needs to Become a Mobile Office Pro by Donna Gilliland, MOSTraining
- Enlarge Your Presence by Joan Burge
- Just the Savvy Ones. Recognizing Career Love. by Kemetia Foley
- Administrative Professionals Week Instagram Challenge #AdminProud
- How do you work for somone you dislike? by AdminPro Forum
- Why Use Active Verbs Instead of Passive? by Barbara McNichol, Word Trippers
- Handling Ethical Issues In The Workplace by Lisa Olsen
- Email Expectations: Getting Executives and Assistants to See Eye-to-Eye by Joan Burge
- 3 Tips for Organizing Your Executive & Team Members by Julie Perrine, All Things Admin
- 5 Reasons Why Office Admins Are The New Power Job by @OfficeNinjas
- How to Impact Your Work by Rephrasing What You Say by Joan Burge
- Tactfully Voicing Your Opinion by Joan Burge
- I Feel Like I’m Wonder Woman by Susan Kaplan Anderson, CAP
- All Progress Takes Place Outside Your Comfort Zone by Jasmine Freeman
- Grow Your Assistant By Hiring An Assistant Podcast – Standout with Cheryl Tan
- How to Optimize Your Career By Utilizing Your Talents by Joan Burge
- Executive Assistants Celebrate Your Peers’ Success by Joan Burge
- How to Choose Words with Intention Every Time by Barbara McNichol
- Teaching Your Assistant Yields Huge Return On Your Investment by Joan Burge
- 7 Strategies to Speak Up to Get Results by Colette Carlson
- How to Respond to Workplace Conflict by Joan Burge
- Proud to Be An Executive Assistant Because Miracle Worker Is Not A Job Title by Becke Wolf, CEAP, CWCA
- Own Your Story: Past, Present & Future by Jasmine Freeman
- How to Master The Art of Supporting Multiple Managers by Stacy Leitner
- Better Writing: When to Use “Like” vs. “Such As” by Barbara McNichol
- How to Present Data and Financial Information to Your Executive Video Presentation by Sue Pekonen
- How Administrative Professionals Can Prepare for the Office of the Future by Brandi Britton, OfficeTeam
- Expectations of Today’s Assistants by Joan Burge
- Silvia isn’t “Just an Admin” by Jasmine Freeman, letter by Silvia Fedor
- Assistants Are Simply The Best by Jasmine Freeman
What Can I Win?
- One of 4 subscriptions to Executive Secretary Magazine
- Gift Cards from Boxed.com
- Gift Certificate to Peerspace.com
- Word Trippers Book
- Managing Your Executive’s Day Online Learning Program
- Mastering Exceptional Self Leadership Online Learning Program
- 2016 Conference On Demand (The Revolutionary Assistant)