Are your Mondays getting harder and harder during the holiday season? If you’re like me, your weekends are packed with activity and flurry getting ready for the holidays and maybe just having fun with family and friends. You finally relax Sunday night, then comes Monday morning, and you are expected to kick into high gear when you walk into the office.
It’s pretty hard to shift gears sometimes, isn’t it? Yet, we have to keep pace with the speed of business. Customer demand and business does not slow down because it’s Monday morning. But how do you really start your Monday morning?
First, it starts (like all mornings) with waking up and the thoughts that are swirling in your mind when you first arise. Your thoughts can be, “I can’t wait to get to work today and tackle my projects.” Or, “I wish I could just stay home today.” The idea is that we are forming our attitude about our day as soon as we awake. Where does your thinking go from there?
Here are some tips that I hope will help you especially in December to jump start your Mondays:
- Just think, “Oh boy, it’s Monday–one day closer to the weekend!”
- Tell yourself, “I love my job and I am thankful I have a place to go where I am needed.”
- It’s great to get out of the house and be around others who can stimulate your thinking and growth.
- Underneath it all, we all feel good after we have put in a good day’s work.
- Who knows who may come into your life today that will impact your future?
- Eagerly get out of bed and don’t lay around an extra 15 minutes. Get your body moving. That is one of the best ways to get the flow of blood going and feel more energetic. And then make sure you eat a decent breakfast.
- Put on some music while you get dressed to perk you up. (Don’t put on the news; it’s usually depressing.)
- Better yet, play holiday music while you dress.
- Think about the wonderful holiday activities you will be doing and the time you will be spending with friends and family.
- Consider ways to make a difference in the life of those who are less fortunate than you.
- Post an inspirational or motivational quote at home or at work that you can focus on throughout the day.
- Treat yourself to something special today.
Have a great week.