You spoke and we listened. Assistants and executives have been asking us if the Star Achievement Series® is open to the public.
We are offering our flagship training program for assistants as an open-to-the-public format one time in 2019. This in-depth four-day course will be offered in Las Vegas at the beautiful private Red Rock Country Club near Red Rock Canyon in West Las Vegas September 17 – 20.
This is a rare opportunity as the Star Achievement Series® is usually only taught onsite at an organization. Thousands of assistants have benefited from attending the course over the past two decades and executives have personally validated the value of this course.
Taught by the creator, Joan Burge, Star Achievement is a philosophy-based program that creates behavior change in assistants leading them to greater opportunities and personal fulfillment.
The Star Achievement philosophy states that you have the ability and capacity to be a Star Achiever in the administrative profession. It takes the right combination of:
The Star Experience
Star workshops are a high-end, high energy, and fun program that teaches you higher business concepts. Star solidifies performance and teaches the hows and whys of a new way of processing work and life. Participants have ample time for skill assimilation, peer critiques, and practice time in the classroom. Star offers a safe environment to try new behaviors and experiential learning concepts while reinforcing repeated exposure to correct behaviors, desired skills and higher level strategies to complement business objectives.
Level I Curriculum
Level I provides a rich, holistic overview to build and shape a strong foundation. Concepts and precepts are introduced in layers, with strategic thinking philosophies overlaid onto tasks, attitudes, values, and work ethics. A heavy emphasis is placed on confidence building, growth, communication, and conflict resolution with specific tools and steps so that participants can successfully navigate through office politics, downturns, personal fears, and avoidance of growth initiatives.
Click on the titles below to read more.
Be a Star Achiever (attitude)
- Choose the attitude you want – then embrace it to gain success.
- Focus on self-change vs. changing others.
- Overcome intimidating situations or people.
- Recognize and conquer fears that hold you back from advancing in your career.
- Accept and leverage criticism as a tool for growth.
- Choose the right words to ease the stress of a situation.
Star-Achieving Techniques (skill)
- Star-Performing Administrative Competencies: How do you measure up?
- Tap into another person’s communication style to build rapport.
- Challenge and improve current processes that no longer work.
- Choose the right communication medium for maximum impact.
- Prevent technology from dominating your life.
- Be results-driven—kill multitasking!
Building a Star Partnership (teamwork)
- Incorporate the attributes of star assistant/leader partnerships.
- Clarify your leader’s expectations and perceptions.
- Learn the characteristics of “manager orientation” vs. “leader orientation” and how that impacts your relationship.
- Establish familiarity with your leader through communication.
- Provide positive upward feedback to your leader.
- Help your leader maintain a competitive edge.
Reaching Stardom (strategy)
- Create a navigational career plan through goal setting.
- Align professional goals with organizational and department goals.
- Cultivate business relationships via social networking.
- Showcase your talents.
- Perceptions and Power: Your professional presence.
- Design and establish your professional brand
Earn 2.4 CEUs
Upon completion of Level I, you will receive the Star Achievement Series® Official Certificate of Completion and be awarded 2.4 CEUs.
CEAP Designation Opportunity
People who attend both Level I and Level II have an opportunity to apply for the Certified Executive Administrative Professional (CEAP) designation. This prestigious designation is only held by 1,700 assistants across the United States. If there is enough interest, we will hold Level II in early 2020.
Red Rock Country Club
What better place to learn than in this gorgeous setting? Your classes will take place in this private country club. No closed-in feeling as your training room has floor to ceiling windows. While your training day will be intense, you will feel like a VIP!
Included in Your Registration:
- Training by Joan Burge, creator and master trainer of the Star Achievement Series®, founder and CEO, Office Dynamics International
- 4 Comprehensive Workbooks (ranging 55 – 75 pages)
- Star-Achievement specific materials
- Certificate of Completion
- 2 beverage breaks each day; afternoon goody break
- Delicious sit-down lunch each day
NOTE: Attendees are responsible for booking their own hotel accommodations. There are several nice hotels within 15 minutes of Red Rock Country Club. Attendees are also responsible for getting themselves to and from class.
Class Schedule – September 17 – 20, 2019
Tuesday, September 17 – Thursday, September 19, 2019 | 8:30 – 4:30
Friday, September 20, 2019 | 8:30 – 3:00
Two 15-minute breaks each day
45-minute lunch each day
“This series has literally changed my life. It has reinforced many of my beliefs about my work and attitude, but you have opened my eyes to so many other avenues for me to grow.” – Carol Moore
“By striving to be a Star Performer on the job, I am more confident, more creative, more efficient. This is one training course where you don’t passively listen in a classroom, then go back to your desk and forget everything you learned. With all the group interaction, activities and workbook exercises, each person is actively involved. I find myself practicing Star principles every day.” – Dixie Dahl
“I look at problem-solving in a new way. I utilize techniques we learned when facing challenges. I have more self-confidence, especially when dealing with difficult situations or people. I offer my opinions and feelings more readily and in a tactful manner. I am less afraid to try new things.” – Shari Muecke