This is what we have been talking about and we find it very exciting that this is the forecasted direction of the assistant. Please read on and tell us what you think! This is an excerpt from a recent newsletter we received from Leni Miller, Founder & President, EA Search.
The new year has arrived and with it, a significant increase in search activity for top executive and personal support professionals.
We are seeing a growing demand for highly qualified candidates, along with an evolving shortage of talented and proven professionals in the job market.
We consulted our crystal ball (and our 30+ years of experience) and this is what we predict will happen over the next twelve months:
- Top level Executive and Personal Assistants will be in increasingly high demand.
- There will be a job market shortage of candidates — more demand than supply for top EA and PA professionals.
- Salaries will escalate, due to the increased responsibility expected of top level support staff, as well as the smaller number of of qualified people available.
- There will be more “hybrid” support staff positions at both the “C” level and small business management level in executive support. These new Executive Assistants/Chiefs of Staff will function in management, strategic and administrative partnership.
- There will be more demand for “hybrid” Estate Management/PA positions with increased responsibility for administrative, supervisory and financial management.