Do you ever feel like some kind of 9-1-1 dispatcher for your office? Most administrative professionals are intimately familiar with “emergency” business situations and sky-high stress—their own, as well as the stress that practically radiates off of others. If you’re not careful, the day-to-day craziness of modern work life can take a serious toll on your mental, physical and emotional health.
Proactively managing your own self-care is a skill all modern administrative professionals must learn in order to deal with the challenging situations (and people!) they face each day. No one knows how to do this better than our special webinar guest Adam Timm, a former 9-1-1 operator for the Los Angeles Police Department. After suffering for years with chronic tension headaches, ulcers, and a bad attitude that brought complaints from callers, Adam found a way out of the madness and into a purposeful life.
Join Adam and Joan Burge, CEO of Office Dynamics, as they give you a preview of Adam’s session at the 22nd Annual Conference for Administrative Professionals. After all, it’s never too early to kick the stress habit and nurture a spirit of resilience.
As an attendee, you’ll learn:
- How to be compassionate and swift in your response to demanding work situations.
- Why taking time for yourself is an essential part of your proactive stress management plan, and how to do that even when you’re already time crunched.
- How to develop a tough exterior that allows you to deal with critical feedback, hold firm to the agenda, and stand up for your own needs with poise and professionalism.
- Three keys to fostering resilience—an essential skill that keeps high achieving assistants at the top of their game.
- The most important mental shift you must make to turn any situation into a growth opportunity.
Don’t let the pressure of supporting others prevent you from caring for yourself; get the support YOU need.
Sign up today and you’ll receive:
- Admission to the live event on July 8, 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time.
- Instant access to the recorded program featuring Joan Burge.
- 15 minutes of Q&A with our presenters. (Come prepared and bring your most pressing challenges!)
- Unlimited access to the full, recorded program so you can “attend” the session more than once at your convenience.
- Certificate of Attendance.
When: July 8 From 10 – 11 a.m. Pacific 1 p.m. Eastern
This webinar is essential for you if you’ve ever wondered…
- How to bounce back
- How to not take things personally
- How to handle challenging work situations
- How to handle criticism at work
- How to have grace under fire
- How to stay calm under pressure
- How to deal with stress at work