Daniel Goleman, author of Working with Emotional Intelligence says, “Emotional intelligence is the ability to sense, understand and effectively apply the power and acumen of emotions as a source of human energy, information, connection, and influence.” Assistants are in a critically-important position where they need to know when and how to use emotional intelligence while managing day-to-day situations.
- Learn the 4 Dimensions of EI: Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, and Social Skill.
- Recognize how feelings affect performance and relationships.
- Understand other perspectives.
- Apply the acumen of emotions.
- Step forward to lead as needed.