How To Work With Your Assistant
Maximize The Time And Talents Of Your Assistant Workshop
With the demands placed upon executives in today’s competitive business environment, a greater need exists for them to use the time and talents of their executive administrative assistant. A fully-utilized assistant helps facilitate the executive’s job, sets the tone of the office, is seen as the channel of communication, and can be a center of influence.
This 3-hour highly-specialized workshop is exclusively for managers and executives.
- Discover how assistants who become an integral part of the management team make an even bigger impact on the bottom line.
- Learn specific ways to strengthen assistant/executive partnership.
- Achieve more in less time, with even better results.
- Clarify the skill set and competencies today’s assistant needs to excel.
- Identify tasks that should – and shouldn’t – be delegated to assistants.
- Provide constructive criticism.
- Build a business partnership.
- Open the lines of communication with your assistant.
Program Topic Outline
- Perceptions of an assistant’s role in the 21st Century
- Perceptions of the assistant/executive strategic partnership
- Perceptions of tasks: To do or not to do?
- Administrative skillset/best practices
- Assistants are the “center of influence”
Striving for synergy
- Where are you and your administrator on the pyramid?
- Moving from team to partnership: What does it mean? What qualities does it take? How can you build or improve an existing relationship?
- Achieving a synergistic relationship
- Available communication tools; when to IM, text, talk, or e-mail?
- Communication styles and their impact on team productivity
- Implementing daily huddles
- Maximizing one-on-one time
- Bringing your administrator up to speed
- Verbalizing constructive observations
(OPTION: Online Video Conferencing)
Call 800-STAR-139 for more information.