Coaching for Executive Assistants
Coaching for executive assistants provides specific, on-point assessment and training for executives and their assistants, solving issues, opening channels of communicating and increasing productivity. Coaching for executive assistants yields results in day-to-day operations. It bonds executives and assistants into powerhouses of business!
A Message from Joan Burge
There is no greater relationship in the workplace than that of a leader and an assistant. I can honestly say that because of my experience as an executive assistant for 20 years.
Since 1990, I’ve sat on the other side of the desk as the CEO and business owner of Office Dynamics International. I have touched the lives of thousands of administrative professionals and have worked with their leadership team, company Presidents and CEOs to build productive working teams and better relationships with their administrative team.
The world is a much different place today…
- Our world moves at hypersonic speed.
- We are bombarded with information and an explosion of data.
- Leaders and assistants work on multiple devices and platforms.
- We are time-compressed.
- We are expected to be plugged-in 24/7.
- Leaders are independent; tech-savvy.
- Assistants support multiple executives.
- Every person in every industry is expected to operate at the top of their game and deliver a quality product on time.
The stakes are HIGH! Executives and their assistants must learn how to operate in this new world while re-inventing themselves. They must learn how to communicate in a way that has an impact, meaning, and will get the job done. This doesn’t mean texting, e-mailing, or instant messaging more often. An executive and assistant must regularly assess and fine-tune their processes, be future-focused, and harness the power of synergy—meaning that, together, they are able to achieve far more than each would independently. They are partners in success!
Coaching for executive assistants creates success. Some of the coaching scenarios I’ve implemented are:
- Private 2-day coaching session onsite with executive and executive assistant followed by 30-, 60-, and 90-day follow-up conference calls.
- Small group coaching for executives and assistants in a workshop setting at their company’s location, teaching them how to be a star team through a program entitled, Executives and
AssistantsWorking In Partnership™.
- Executive workshops for a group of senior executives teaching them to better utilize their assistants through How to Maximize the Time & Talents of Your Assistant™.
- Meeting with large groups of manager/assistant teams onsite to assess team processes and interactions, identify specific areas for improvement and increase productivity by 20% or more.
- Stronger partnerships among managers and their administrative partners for daily success and future-focused planning
- Increased productivity for the executive by 20% or greater
- Energetic dynamic synergy
- Improved communications
- Reduced stress
- Detailed Action Plan
- More focused, more balanced work styles
- Greater job satisfaction
- Streamlined processes
- Clear and specific expectations
- Exceptional results
- Improved outcomes
- Confirmation of Needs and Objectives
- Letter of Agreement/Approval
- Project Evaluation
- Follow-up Conference Calls (30, 60 and 90 days)
Option: Coaching for executive assistants with Joan Burge or an Office Dynamic’s administrative coach can be provided via conference calls, Facetime or Skype. Please call for more information. 800-STAR-139.
Joan’s On-Site Work Speaks for Itself
- “We interviewed a number of firms and they all seemed to have trite ideas about how to enhance our (me and my EA) working relationship as well as improve our outcomes. Joan’s framework for addressing the quality of the interactions was the culmination of years of experience in being an Executive Assistant and then providing consulting and coaching to Executive Assistants in some of the more prominent companies in the country. I was struck by her people skills and even temperament in helping all in the system see how to be more professional in their approach. There were a number of specifics that came from her work and I can warrant to you that we more than got our money’s worth.” — James P. Hackett, President & CEO, Steelcase
- “I can honestly say that the MSXI team is very pleased with the progress that has been made through the relationship we have established with Office Dynamics, and more specifically your expertise. The initial needs assessment you conducted and the Action Plan you recommended were spot on with the outcomes in such a short period of time. The results have been exceptional and valued by not only the leadership team but the individuals who have benefited greatly by this opportunity.” — Christine Steinhebel, Director, Human Resources, MSX International
- “Through Joan’s guidance and working closely with me and my executive assistant, I increased my productivity by 20%. As a result, enough interest was generated within our company to ensure that next year’s full-day session with our senior executives and executive assistants was standing-room only. Joan held post-workshop conference calls with each executive/EA team to ensure they were implementing the Action Plans they had written during the workshop. Joan’s coaching has greatly helped us be more focused, better balanced and more productive. Because of Joan’s broad and deep experience from working on both sides of the desk, she has a true understanding of each party’s perspectives and expectations.” – David S. Forrester, President, Forrester Construction Company