Technology will never replace the brains of a great assistant who thinks through every aspect of their executive’s calendar. Joan Burge’s favorite saying is “Just because a date is open, it does not mean I am available.” To excel in this very important area of your executive’s life, you must rely upon big-picture knowledge.
- Employ stringent gatekeeping rules.
- Establish mutual agreement on calendar availability.
- Use a holistic approach when scheduling meetings.
- Purposely block downtime for your executive.
- Eliminate last-minute running around.