Don’t let travel, budget, or time restrictions stop you from having your breakthrough learning experience.
We know you’re busy, but even if you’re not there in “body,” you can still be there in “mind.” Our on-demand conference replay is a convenient, cost-effective alternative that fulfills your desire for professional enrichment without a trip to Las Vegas!
Office Dynamics produces beautifully crafted, professionally edited videos of each session during the conference, and we’re making them available in one convenient package. That means you can learn on your own schedule and from the comfort of your own desk or home.
How It Works: Easy Access, At Your Fingertips
Immediately after the conference, we add our signature, elegant Office Dynamics touches to each video. The quality is on par with the live experience—it’s like having a front-row seat at the conference!
You’ll receive online access for 3 months to watch the videos and a downloadable participant workbook and experience the power of our world-class speaker lineup—all on your own time.
Learn from World-Renowned Administrative Experts, Workshop Speakers, and Speakers
Get your virtual “front-row” seat to see all of our dynamic speakers in action!
OPENING SESSION: THE EVOLVING ASSISTANT
Joan Burge, CEO & Founder of Office Dynamics
Joan Burge will kick off this year’s conference with a bang as she uncovers a key differentiator that will catapult your career by getting you to think differently. Joan will give you an insider view as to how your role is evolving this very minute and how you can affect the trajectory of your role and career.
- Expand your thinking
- Be presented with more opportunities at work
- Gain respect and increase your credibility
- Learn transferable skills that all employers seek
THE EVOLUTION AT WORK
Daren Martin, PHD
The world of work was broken long before the Pandemic, we will look at what needs to change and why. In this current world of VUCA – Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity it is very important to equip yourself for the Bold New World.
- The current state of affairs
- What the new world of work looks like
- Company Culture and why it matters
- How to respond to a climate of VUCA
THE EVOLVING EXECUTIVE & ASSISTANT PARTNERSHIP: HOW TO THRIVE IN TODAY’S BUSINESS WORLD
Joan Burge and James Bristow
Joan and James were destined to meet for a bigger purpose than being members of Vistage (CEO Group) Las Vegas Chapter in 2018. James, in his 30s and Joan, in her 60s, having different views of the world and work shared one very important passion: James and Joan value and leverage the executive/assistant strategic partnership.
- Shed light on what has changed and what must never change
- Perspectives from both sides of the desk: Executive/Leader and Executive Assistant
- Solid tips on how to take your relationship with your leader(s) to the next level
- Inspire you to be a champion for change
LESSONS FROM THE ORG CHART: HONING YOUR BRAND, INFLUENCE AND EXECUTIVE PRESENCE
Each of us can accomplish more and elevate the extent to which were influential when we’re intentional in our own approach. We can build confidence through a focus on skills associated with leadership. This impacts our professional presence and reputation and can help us to establish or hone our personal brand.
- Executive presence: style and substance
- Credibility: the cornerstone of your professional reputation
- Choosing self-promotion over undermining our authority and expertise
- Honing your personal brand
TRANSFORM TO PERFORM
If there is one thing we collectively know, things are changing. Looking back at the administrative professional for the past 40 years, we have seen leaps and bounds of change. If we look forward to just 40 days, we will likely see a change from today too. Don’t let your fear of the future hold you back. Instead, be willing to transform your more than your skills but how you work!
- Keeping up with the evolution of your profession. Learn to transform as part of your DNA
- Feeling in control when things are out of control
- Agility, innovation, and survival. How to ensure you aren’t left behind
- Pushing out of the comfort zone. Why and how to do it strategically
BE A PERSON OF INFLUENCE
Joan Burge, CEO & Founder of Office Dynamics
Every day, assistants have the chance to be a person of influence with their leaders, organization, profession, administrative community, and even vendors. Whether or not they leverage that is a different story. Influence is the ability to decide what you care about, help others understand why you care about it and have them support you on your journey. Influence is not a goal; it’s an output.
- See yourself or your career evolve
- Gain respect for your chosen profession
- Change the course of things in your company
- Persuade the decision-makers in your organization
COMPANY SPOTLIGHT – NATIONWIDE INSURANCE
THE EVOLVING ROLE OF THE ASSISTANT AT NATIONWIDE INSURANCE AND WHAT THAT MEANS TO YOU.
Brenda Mason & Sherry Viering
Like many organizations, the past few years had a dramatic effect on the administrative community at Nationwide where there was a 40% reduction in administrative staff! The assistants who were retained found themselves taking on more and more executives to support, creating more pressure and stress to perform. Eventually, the assistants found their voice and “flipped the script.” Since then, the administrative role has emerged stronger, and their value has increased.
In this session, Sherry and Brenda will authentically share:
- Brief history of the Nationwide assistant
- Their reactions to the reduction in staff and how they forged forward
- How they remained strategic partners in a virtual world
- Achieving personal renewed worth
- Advice on how to “flip the script”
- Developing performance objectives
COMMUNICATING STRATEGICALLY FOR RESULTS
Communication is more than skill. What we say, how we say it and to whom we say it, and our awareness of the proper context are essential and critical components for practicing full strategic communication.
- Understanding the key elements of communication context-awareness
- Learning the power and effectiveness of brevity and concise communication
- The art of customizing communication to the situation and individual
- 5 rules for building communication alignment with your manager
DIGITAL INFORMATION MANAGEMENT: WHAT EVERY ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONAL NEEDS TO KNOW
Chrissy Scivicque, PMP, PCM
As an administrative professional, you manage a large amount of digital information. It comes at you from a wide variety of different people, both inside and outside the organization, and through many different avenues, including email, phone, and other digital communication tools.
- Actively seek the information you need from the right sources
- Use discernment to filter information and determine what is important and what is not
- Effectively and appropriately redistribute information to the right people at the right time
- Organize and manage content in physical and virtual systems
TECHNOLOGY AND THE EVOLVING ASSISTANT
Vickie Sokol Evans
With remote work and increased screen sharing, your digital skills are on display, which can influence your manager’s and colleague’s perception of you. Technology has increased the rate and speed of business. What are the implications and consequences if your tech skills are lacking? Does technology leave you powerless or give you more power?
- Learn valuable skills that will shave hours off your day and strategies for keeping your skills up to date.
- Assess your skills, habits, and workflow
- Understand the signs that will influence what skills to build
- Develop a learning plan to master your technology
FUTURE-PROOF YOUR ADMINISTRATIVE CAREER FOR LONG-TERM SUCCESS
Alexandra Von Tiergarten
It’s important to stay current on industry trends, gain essential skills, and remain marketable in the evolving workplace. Future-proofing your career is a proactive approach to preparing yourself for changing roles in the administrative field.
- Trends that are impacting administrative roles, hiring, and compensation
- In-demand skills and tips to develop expertise in these areas
- Conducting a career assessment
- Effective strategies to future-proof your career
BE THE CAPTAIN OF YOUR ADMINISTRATIVE CAREER – SAILING TO SUCCESS
Debbie will address what it takes to successfully sail our career (our ship) towards one of accomplishment, achievement, and job satisfaction.
- In checking our “sails”, are they strong enough to withstand change? Identify what is required to adjust and strengthen them for any kind of weather.
- What skills, both existing and new, will it take to sail our career successfully into unchartered waters?
- Explore the importance of planning effectively so that our ship is headed in the direction we desire
- The value of setting goals both personally and professionally
OPPORTUNITY ROCKS! RE-ENERGIZE, RE-ENGAGE & REBUILD YOUR ROCK STAR STATUS!
This session gives you four solid rock star success principles in an interactive experience. You will leave with new, easy-to-apply, understandable strategies and tactics that will drive you to perform at a much higher level. Rock and Roll is simple and, your self-leadership principles should be, too!
- Unleash your inner Rock Star
- Increase your performance in challenging and opportune times
- Perform at a much higher level
- Lead, perform, and engage like a rock star
View This Session From A Previous Conference
The Benefits of Online Learning
- Experience some of the world’s most powerful speakers at your convenience. Once you register, these power-packed sessions are available 24/7 at the click of a mouse.
- Learn on your own or opt for a team license for group learning. Call 800-STAR-138 for group pricing.
- Boost your professional proficiency in one (extremely full!) day or over several months. The choice is yours.
- “Attend” as many sessions as you want, in any order.
- Get a great deal. With more than 14 hours of learning, it’s the best investment you can make in your career.
- Pause the presentation at any time to continue work or just take a break. Come back and pick up right where you left off—without playing catch-up!
- View the sessions from anywhere—at home, at work, at the beach. It’s your personal conference on-demand.
If you’re viewing the conference sessions on your own, here are some ideas to get the most from each content-rich session.
- As you view each session, take notes on the key take-away messages that you can use to build your Action Plan.
- If possible, space out your sessions so you can get the most from each one.
- Create a spreadsheet with the name of each speaker and the title of his or her session. Add columns for:
- Top 3 Action Items
- How to Implement (think about your work and personal life)
- Deadline Date
If you are interested in watching these sessions as a group, please contact Melia Amira at [email protected] or 800-STAR-139 for discounted group rates.
Participants are NOT AUTHORIZED to share any of the materials or links they receive as participants of this program. Anyone who is found to be sharing is in violation of our copyright and will be immediately removed without refund. No exceptions.
If you opt for a Team License for learning as a group, here are some ideas to get the most out of the experience:
Get organized before viewing your sessions:
- Who is your team leader or facilitator? Consider assigning a different leader for each session to keep your meetings interesting and share the responsibilities.
- How often will you view sessions?
- What is the objective when you learn as a group?
- Can you tie each session’s competencies to your individual development plans or your company mission?
Prepare your team for productive viewing and implementation:
- After viewing the session, take turns sharing the notes each person took. Sometimes, one participant will hear something important that another did not catch. This will increase the value of your training.
- Pause the session at any time and focus on the point the speaker just made. Drill down on the information that was presented. How can you apply it as administrative professionals or as a department?
- Make a list of the top 3 key points each speaker presented. Then, build a calendar for future lunch and learn sessions where attendees can bring new information that supports that topic.
- Hold contests between sessions or at the end of the on-demand series. After each session, have attendees submit a short story on how they implemented an idea or used a strategy provided by the speaker. Ask a panel to select the best one, randomly draw a winner, or involve a manager in selecting the best one.
- Suggest that each attendee view the on-demand session before the live meeting as a group. Each person should bring one great takeaway from the session they previewed to share with the class. Then, discuss the application of the information. How will you transfer what you learned to your workplace? Or, ask each person to create a fun learning activity to reinforce the information presented.
- While viewing the on-demand session together, create checklists from the learning session that attendees can use on their own or take back to the administrative professionals in their department.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to view the sessions within a specified time frame? Yes. You will have access for three months.
Are the sessions scheduled? Do I have to tune in at a certain time or unlock sessions? No, you can view any and all of the sessions at your leisure.
Can I share this program with my administrative team? Only if you purchase a Team License. If you wish to have multiple employees accessing the program, please purchase additional viewers or contact Office Dynamics directly for multiple viewer discounts.
How do I log in? Once the videos and materials are made available, you will receive an email with your login credentials to create and activate your account (check your spam folder if it’s not in your inbox). There will be a link, username, and password in this message.