TIME MANAGEMENT FOR THE MODERN ASSISTANT
Proven Tactics For Taming Your Day
Joan consistently hears the same complaint, year after year, from the many administrative assistants with whom she works: there’s simply not enough time in the day to get everything done. Communication in the modern workplace is compounding the problem. With days dominated by e-mail, website chat, and a variety of other immediate, click-and-send platforms, assistants are constantly inundated with assignments, information, and tasks. One assistant likened their typical day to, “standing on the green at a busy driving range”. Days like that leave you feeling weary, self-conscious, and hopeless. If you can’t handle being bombarded with communication, you may feel like the whole day was a failure. That’s no way to work.
In this one-of-a-kind eBook, Joan will teach you how to reclaim your days. Time Management for the Modern Assistant: Proven Tactics for Taming Your Day is jam-packed with effective tactics, innovative ideas, and engaging activities so what you learn is retained. You’ll finish the book feeling prepared, excited, and passionate about conquering the chaos and controlling your day!
- Time robbers and chaos causers
- Overcoming the chaos: How to give control the upper hand
- Get your mind right: The power of a positive attitude
- The ABCs of prioritization
- Stop multitasking and start focusing!
- Handling information overload
- Communication is key!
- Gracefully address social interruptions.
- Organizing your workspace: Clear the clutter!
- Be flexible: Reassess your priorities throughout the day
- Technology: Your best friend and your worst enemy
- Study yourself
- You’re a pro
- Bonus Tips
You will learn:
- What factors suck the vitality and time from your day
- How to start and complete a project the right way
- How powerful a positive mindset really is
- Tried and true methods for organizing your environment and your to-do list
- How to handle the information overload
- Effective communication techniques to make your life easier
- How understanding your habits can make you more effective