7 Tips to Manage Time and Priorities as an administrative assistant:
- Determine what truly is important. What can wait? What absolutely cannot wait? What is the effect if you don’t do something or put it off until later in the week?
- Each morning, make your own little list of your top 5 priorities for the day, including your personal priorities.
- Early in the day, ask your executive what are his or her top 3 priorities that involve you.
- Think of yourself as a juggler. A juggler has many balls up in the air but focuses on the one or two balls that are in her hands, at this moment. That is what I do and it really helps me. I have many projects, tasks, and to do’s in my peripheral vision but I am focused on what I am doing right this minute.
- Streamline your processes. As you go through your action items, ask yourself, “How can I streamline this; make it simpler, faster, easier, better?”
- Eliminate! Get rid of anything you don’t really to do or keep.
- Delegate wherever possible. This includes delegating chores at home to your kids and husband or wife. It will be good for your kids and keep them from spending too much time with technology.