Earn college credits for this program. If Office Dynamics International’s trainers present the program, 2.4 CEUs will be awarded per level.
Level I will provide a rich, holistic overview to build and shape a strong foundation. Concepts and precepts are introduced in layers, with strategic thinking philosophies overlaid onto tasks, attitudes, values, and work ethics. A heavy emphasis is placed on confidence building, growth, communication and conflict resolution, with specific tools and steps so that participants can successfully navigate through office politics, down turns, personal fears and avoidance of growth initiatives.
Level I, Module 1: Be A Star Achiever™ (Attitude)
A person’s attitude is fragile and delicate. It can be easily broken by poor self-image, or it can become hard and cold. Attitudes are also susceptible to outside forces, such as family, co-workers and society. Yet attitudes are the foundation upon which our work performance, productivity, relationships and health are built. When people feel hurt, angry or put down, they cannot perform their jobs well. Therefore, it’s important to help them guard and protect positive attitudes – among their most important assets to success in the workplace.
- Eggs and Attitudes™
- Fighting Office Dragons
- Three Awesome Dragons
- Typical Ineffective Fighting Styles
- Can You Change A Person’s Bad Attitude?
- Weapons to Win
- Overcoming Intimidation
- Feeling Intimidated
- Strategies for Overcoming Intimidation
- Recognizing And Clarifying Fears
- Steps To Conquering Fear
- Leveraging Criticism
- Criticism Can Hurt
- Looking For The Lesson
- Transcending Challenging Personality Styles
- Maintaining A Star Attitude
- Believe In Yourself
- Commit To Goals
- Stay Motivated
- Stay Positive
- Be Professional
Module 2: Star-Achieving Techniques™ (Skill)
Today’s office environment is busier than ever before; so knowing your strengths and areas for growth, along with upgrading core skills, is paramount in today’s fast-paced office. To be successful in the administrative profession and become a rising Star, you must embrace the idea that your core competencies are vital and all the core competencies must be brilliantly performed! Core business skills, such as communication and managing workflow, are keys to developing Star-Performing employees whose advanced skills add more value to the workplace.
- Star Achievement: A Mindset For Stellar Performance
- Foundation Skills: The Platform To Success
- Growth And Success
- Fortifying The Foundation
- What Is a Competency?
- Star-Performing Administrative Competencies
- Cognitive-Being Territory
- Strengthening Communication Skills
- Cultivating Star-Like Communications
- Your Personal Communication Style
- Choose The Right Medium For The Greatest Impact
- The Perils And Pitfalls Of E-mail
- Social Networking
- Preventing Technology From Dominating Your Life
- Be Results-Driven
- First: Kill Multitasking!
- Coping With Conflicting Priorities
- Deadlines and Personal Accountability
- Your Future Begins today: Perpetual Skill Enhancement
- Objectively Assess Yourself
- Pursue Educational Opportunities
- Become Well-Read
- Learn From Co-Workers
- Try Something New
- Challenge Yourself
Module 3: Building A Star Partnership™ (Teamwork)
Building a star partnership takes commitment, open communication, and a desire to work in tandem. Leaders rely on administrative staff for everything from project follow-through to client satisfaction, from travel itineraries to budget meetings. Leaders know their effectiveness improves based on the assistant’s skill, knowledge and ability. Administrators and executive assistants depend on leaders to provide clear direction so they can meet objectives and expectations. By approaching the leader/support relationship as a business partnership you will gain more satisfaction from work.
- Creating A Star Partnership
- Stages Of Growth
- Partnership Building Blocks
- Do You Work For A Manager Or A Leader?
- Communicating With Your Leader
- Establishing “Commonness” Through Communication
- Initiating Conversation
- Importance Of Daily Huddles
- Getting Better Information From Your Leader
- Communication C3: Calm, Cool And Collected
- Enabling Your Leader’s Success
- Interpersonal Skills Give You The Edge
- Be A Dynamic Liaison
- Resolving Team Problems
Module 4: Reaching Stardom™ (Strategy)
Great skills, a positive attitude and strong team relationships are three keys to being a Star Achiever. There is a fourth component to reaching stardom – having a strategy for actualizing your professional self. It is your responsibility to set career goals, build networks and to reflect a professional image. In today’s highly competitive marketplace, when you might be equal in skills and attitudes to others, what will give you the competitive edge? What will make you stand out, shine and be different from “the pack”?
- Actualizing Your Professional Goals
- Consider Your Values
- Believe In Yourself
- Write A Plan
- Capitalize On Resources
- Staying On Your Journey
- Recognizing Opportunities For Growth
- Cultivating Business Relationships
- Cultivating Business Relationships Via Social Networks
- Nurturing Internal And External Networks
- Showcasing Your Talents
- Perceptions And Power: Your Professional Presence
- Defining Professional Presence
- Establishing Your Professional Brand
- Credibility Enhancers
- Understanding Casual Dress Rules
To discuss bringing the Star Achievement Series to your organization, give us a call at 800-STAR-139.