Underneath It All
Book for Executive and Administrative Assistants
In this cutting-edge book, Joan Burge intimately shares with administrative professionals the bottom line to achieving success and maintaining your edge in a worthwhile career.
Joan Burge gets to the core of what’s ‘Underneath It All’ when it comes to living a life of significance as an administrative professional and individual. In a chaotic world where everything seems urgent and important, Joan has learned through the difficult journey of helping her husband battle pancreatic cancer, what matters most. She intimately shares with administrative professionals the bottom line to achieving success and maintaining your edge in a worthwhile career.
You’ll read why it’s essential to maintain your competitive advantage and how continual improvement makes it possible. You will explore key points with Joan that lead to success in the administrative profession and you’re likely to wonder who switched on the lights?
- This Is Cognitive-Being Territory
- I’ve Got What It Takes To Be A Leader
- I’m My Own Career Manager And I’m “Heady” With Power
- Professionals Works For Me
- Earning Your Rightful Place On the Executive Team
- The Anatomy Of A Strategic Partnership
- Communication: As Important As Ever
- The Fine Art Of Persuasion . . . Sharpen Your Tools
- Teamwork And Peer Power
- Dear Managers
You will learn:
- Navigate your career
- Combat negativity
- The nuts and bolts of leading
- Break through a career plateau
- Perception management
- Be a value-added partner
- Emotional intelligence
- The fine art of persuasion
- Accept change
- Get into the executive suite
- Gain respect
- Negotiate with managers
- And more!