SETTING HEALTHY BOUNDARIES IN THE WORKPLACE – RECORDED WEBINAR
7 Sure-Fire Tips for Assistants Who Want To Be More Assertive
There’s a common mindset that too many administrative professionals fall victim to: It’s the one that tells us to stay quiet, don’t be pushy, always say “yes” because “no” isn’t allowed. We’re trained to support others and, all too often, that means we fail to support ourselves.
On the other hand, some assistants take it to the other extreme. They try too hard to assert themselves and become aggressive. They end up stepping on toes, harming their professional reputation and even their career.
Being an assertive assistant requires a delicate balance of skills. Joan Burge, founder and CEO of Office Dynamics, has mastered the techniques through years of practice and real-world experience, and she’s sharing her wisdom with you. In this educational one-hour webinar, you’ll gain the confidence and know-how required to speak up and stand out. You’ll never again feel like a doormat, and you’ll no longer worry about going too far. You’ll find that perfect place of power—where you’re able to support the needs of your executive without sacrificing yourself in the process.
As an attendee, you will learn:
- How to evaluate your current communication and boundary-setting style so you can build on your strengths and address areas for improvement.
- Why assertiveness in the workplace matters, especially for assistants, how it benefits you and what it really means. (Hint: It’s often totally misunderstood!)
- How to recognize and minimize the risk involved so your message is received and your professional image remains in tact.
- How to appropriately set limits, voice your ideas and opinions, and articulate your needs using thoughtful, diplomatic communication techniques.
- 7 essential action steps for becoming a more assertive assistant. (You’ll hear tons of examples and learn specific language to use in common challenging workplace situations.)
Sign up today and you’ll receive:e
- A copy of the PowerPoint presentation outlining the key concepts and strategies covered in the session.
- A downloadable audio-only MP3 of the session—put it on your iPod and listen over and over from anywhere.
- Access to the full, recorded program so you can “attend” the session more than once at your convenience.
This webinar is essential for you if you’ve ever wondered…
- “How do I voice my opinions at work?”
- “How to get my ideas heard”
- “What is the difference between assertive and aggressive?”
- “How do I stand up for myself?”
- “How to set limits at work”
- “How to say no at work”
- “How to be assertive”