Become An Inner Circle Assistant
Book for Executive and Administrative Assistants
The newly-released 2nd Edition (Aug. 2022) of the best-selling book Become An Inner Circle Assistant (1st Edition) addresses the many nuances of the post-pandemic workplace, providing tips for working remotely, virtual assisting, and thriving in a hybrid work environment. The 2nd Edition contains timeless principles and concepts that never change while addressing the skills and attitudes assistants need to meet today’s world with confidence, resilience, and expertise. The author, Joan Burge, points out how to shift techniques based on if you are working in an office, a remote location, or from home and if you are communicating in person or via camera.
Burge brings more than 40 years of experience in the administrative field and administrative training industry, speaking from both sides of the desk: assistant and executive. Burge describes being an Inner Circle as an exclusive group of people whose achievements are admired and rewarded. The Inner Circle Assistant title doesn’t appear on any organizational chart, but she’s the woman or the man of the hour. The people who support company movers and shakers have the opportunity to move into an Inner Circle, and this book outlines the steps to get there as well as thrive in the position.
Become an Inner Circle Assistant is a book of strategy and workplace philosophy that helps administrative professionals become top performers in work and in their careers. This book is filled with road maps for success, scoring quizzes, real-life stories, and examples.
The words Inner Circle conjure up visions of an exclusive group of people whose achievements are admired and rewarded. The Inner Circle Assistant title doesn’t show up on any organizational chart but she’s the woman or, the man, of the hour. The people who support company movers and shakers have the opportunity to move into an Inner Circle and this book outlines the steps to get there as well as thrive in the position. It is a book of strategy and workplace philosophy that will help administrative professionals become top performers in work and in their careers.
This book for administrative and executive assistants is filled with road maps for success, scoring quizzes, real-life stories and examples.
- Section I: A New Way of Looking at the Profession
- Section II: Some Things Never Change
- Section III: Digging Deeper
- Appointment Coordination
- Manager Support
- Managing Office Technology
- Meeting Preparation, Coordination, and Execution
- Office Communication
- Office Organization
- Problem Solving
- Professional Behavior & Image
- Professional Development
- Supporting Multiple Managers
- Task & Project Management
- Time Management
You will learn:
- To be a star in your profession
- Cultivate your tolerance for change
- Positive steps that minimize administrative stress
- Choose to take risks
- Delegating vs. dumping
- Unlocking your internal dragon
- Become process-oriented as opposed to task-oriented
- Anticipate your manager’s needs
- Confront problems with your manager head on
- Turn failure into success
- Graciously accept criticism
- Build rapport when a communication crisis occurs
- Choose when to assert yourself
- Get emotions under control
- And much, much more!