Hopefully, you read part 1, Fighting Manager Dragons, where I introduced and explained the topic of office dragons. In case you did not open that issue, you may want to check it out as I discussed employees’ perceptions of manager dragons and tips to success.
Today, I want to address co-worker dragons. When I teach my Star Achievement Series® classes, I ask participants, “What are some of the things co-workers do that make them “appear” to be dragons?” Here are the common responses I hear:
- Convey a bad mood at the office
- Bring personal problems to the office
- Don’t perform their part of a job
- Aren’t a team player
- Don’t share necessary information
- Have a “that’s not my job” attitude