Hello, Monday Motivators! As you know, I usually share tips on combating the Monday-morning “blahs,” especially after a nice, relaxing weekend. I recently met someone who says she has a different problem: “Monday, I am refreshed from the weekend and ready to tackle just about anything,” she explains. “But by Friday, I am usually struggling to finish what I started. I’m pooped!”
That’s an interesting twist on the same theme, and a challenge that some of you probably face as well. So this week, let’s look at a few effective ways to replenish your energy during the week so you can stay energized at work until Friday!
- Ask yourself this question: “If I am struggling to finish what I started, what are some reasons why this could be happening?” Then think about the answer: Is it because you added more to your plate before you finished? Is it because others delegated tasks to you, putting previously “important” work on hold? Being aware of why you’re slowing down can help you combat the problem.
- Halfway through the week, take time to reassess your tasks and their priority levels. You may need to move things from the back burner to the front burner, so to speak. There may be things that can wait until next week. Possibly, there are some things that don’t need to be done at all. Success tip: Continuously evaluate your priorities. Try to stick with an “A” priority before moving to a “B.”
- Shake up your personal routine a bit. Instead of cooking at home, go out to eat with your spouse or good friend on a Wednesday or Thursday.
- Get a good night’s sleep, especially mid-week. Lack of sleep, as you know, makes it harder to be alert and productive.
- Do some self-talk. Tell yourself, “I want this week to end on a high note.”
- On Wednesday and Thursday, reread that week’s Monday Motivators issue for a quick boost!
These ideas are just a start. What else can you do to stay energized all week long? Ask your colleagues and friends for their best ideas. Share your ideas here.
Have a terrific week.