Since there are so many administrative conferences being offered, I would like to walk you through a series of blogs on how to select the conference that is right for you, gain approval and how to get the most for your investment.
I am keeping these blogs to the point.
A conference should feed your brain and soul!
- Start with the end in mind. What is your goal or goals for going to a conference?
- Education wise? What skills do you need to grow? What new skills do you need to learn/develop? The problem with this is sometimes we don’t know what we need to develop. It’s called our blind spot.
- To network and meet new people?
- Learn best practices from peers?
- Learn best practices from subject matter experts?
- What is the value of the program? In other words, what are you getting for your money? Any extra events such as a welcome dinner?