Before Joan Burge became the accomplished author, professional speaker, consultant, corporate trainer, and CEO she is today, she was an assistant working alongside corporate America’s biggest executives. During the workshop, Joan will be sharing her personal story and how the timeless skills she has developed will position you for success in the workplace. You will discover:
It was those questions along with feedback received from assistants, executives, human resource professionals, administrators, and managers that led Joan to develop the formula for success: skill + attitude + teamwork + strategy = administrative excellence.
COVID-19 certainly changed where we worked and how we worked. As we transition through the different phases of returning to work, we need coping mechanisms. The next phase will include staggered shifts, limited staff, the return of cubicles or added plexiglass, floor markings, digital sensors, and more. Casual, creative open areas may be a thing of the past. There are many unknowns. So how do you, as an assistant, find comfort with the uncomfortable? How do you maneuver all these changes? A good portion of this virtual workshop will focus on attendees sharing what they are experiencing and Joan providing on-the-spot solutions. Topics include:
· Hear Joan’s story and the skills she developed to thrive over 30 years in business.
· Develop self-reliance, confidence, and accountability.
· Give yourself permission to take risks.
· Get comfortable with vulnerability as a sign of strength.
· Develop staying power.
· Gain insight into 2020 “Reset” skills.
· Clarify expectations from your leaders.
· Assess current strengths and gap areas.
· Show up and demonstrate your value.
· Give conscious attention to the digital you.
· Embrace the world of volatility, uncertainty, and complexity.
Due to the uniqueness of this event, there are no refunds. All registered participants will receive access to the recordings in case they can’t attend any of the live sessions. Please call 800-STAR-139 if you have any further questions.