Are your Mondays getting harder and harder during the holiday season? If you’re like me, your weekends are packed with activity and flurry getting ready for the holidays and maybe just having fun with family and friends. You finally relax Sunday night, then comes Monday morning, and you are expected to kick into high gear when you walk into the office.
It’s pretty hard to shift gears sometimes, isn’t it? Yet, we have to keep pace with the speed of business. Customer demands and business does not slow down because it’s Monday morning. But how do you really start your Monday morning?
First, it starts (like all mornings) with waking up and the thoughts that are swirling your head when you first arise. Your thoughts can be, “I can’t wait to get to work today and tackle my projects.” Or, “I wish I could just stay home today.” The idea is that we are forming our attitude about our day as soon as we awake. Where does your thinking go from there?
Here are some tips that I hope will help you, especially in December, to jump start your Mondays:
- Just think, “Oh boy, it’s Monday–one day closer to the weekend!”
- Tell yourself, “I love my job and I am thankful I have a place to go where many people are home because they don’t have a job.”
- It’s great to get out of the house and be around others who can stimulate your thinking and growth.
- Underneath it all, we all feel good after we have put in a good day’s work.
- Who knows who may come into your life today that will impact your future?
- Eagerly get out of bed and don’t lay around an extra 15 minutes. Get your body moving. That is one of the best ways to get the flow of blood going and feel more energetic. And then make sure you eat a decent breakfast.
- Put on some music while you get dressed to perk you up. (Don’t put on the news; it’s usually depressing.)
- Better yet, play holiday music while you dress.
- Think about the wonderful holiday activities you will be doing and the time you will be spending with friends and family.
- Consider ways to make a difference in the life of those who are less fortunate then you.
- Post an inspirational or motivational quote at home or at work that you can focus on throughout the day.
- Treat yourself to something special today.
Have a great week!
|Online Learning – 2012 Conference Dive into the 19th Annual Conference for Administrative Excellence and harness the power of what being BOLD is really all about. Check out the full listing of sessions here.|
|Online Learning – 2013 Conference Over 10 hours of information packed learning! View top speakers and world-renowned expert, Joan Burge. Sessions include a 92 page Participant Booklet and Bonus Speaker Handouts. Learn more about conference sessions.|
|Online Learning – Managing Your Executive’s Day Learn the secrets to being an amazing assistant who “Wows!” executives. 6 sessions, handouts and short, informational sessions. Learn about the topics covered in this program.|