ABOUT THIS VIDEO
WEEK 11: Supporting Multiple Managers
The majority of administrative professionals support 2 or more managers. It is a real skill to keep all the balls in the air for multiple people and not let anything drop. Join us today for this impactful webinar!
Welcome to week 11, Supporting Multiple Managers. How are you holding up on this journey so far? Are you doing well? I hope so, because we still have a lot of good information to share with you. This is one of my favorite topics, because many administrative professionals have to juggle between different managers. Today I will share with you a few pointers that will help ease the concern of how to remain in control of your priorities.
I have seven sure fire strategies that I want to share with you:
- Encourage all of your managers on a uniform procedure.
- Try to limit personal assignments for your managers. You should speak to them about this, if part of your role is to be a professional and personal assistant, then that’s part of the role. However if you are supporting multiple people that usually isn’t part of the role.
- Treat each manager fairly and with respect.
- Establish a priority list for all to see and update it on a regular basis.
- Communicate regularly with all your managers.
- Except for time critical projects, do your senior manager assignments first.
- Communicate, Communicate, Communicate!
Activity for the week: With your peers, discuss some of the challenges they are having with assisting multiple managers and share your best practices with each other. Have a great week!