Welcome to June!
While I don’t like the fact that 2015 is passing quickly, I am eager to welcome June because this is the official month of Office Dynamics 25th Year Anniversary.
I was working on Office Dynamics 25 year timeline the past few days and as I journeyed through all 25 years, I realized how blessed I have been to work with tens of thousands of amazing administrative professionals and executives in every size organization and every industry. What has been very interesting is that people of all walks of life share many of the same frustrations, challenges and dreams. Every assistant wants to be acknowledged for his or her hard work; they want to be appreciated; deep down, assistants want to do a good job.
No matter where you are in your walk with this profession, I bet you are the same way.
When I reflect on 25 years of teaching, training, prodding, pushing and stretching assistants and executives, I realize how much I have also grown. It has been a two-way street. I have had to expand my thinking to meet client’s needs, participant expectations, and learn new methods and approaches to training. In my early days of teaching administrative professionals, I was tested in how to communicate my ideas to deaf participants; to a student who suffered with manic depression and others who struggled with seizures, fibromyalgia, or just finished chemotherapy.
Yes, I have seen just about everything in 25 years. I have also met amazing, awesome, enthusiastic assistants who could never learn enough and wanted more.
8 Things You Need to Be/Do To Achieve Your Dreams
If you are . . .
- committed to something long enough, you will encounter obstacles along the way and you will have opportunities to grow, stretch, and become more than you ever thought was possible.
- resilient enough, you will bounce back after setbacks.
- determined, you will knock down walls.
- passionate about your work, you will produce a quality end product.
- friendly and care, you will build networks to the universe and
- people will be there for you.
- open-minded, you will realize other people have good ideas, too.
- willing to try new things, you will see that you have more potential than you realize.
7 Things You Need to Believe In To Achieve Your Dreams
If you . . .
- fight hard enough for something you believe in, you can change the world.
- tackle the hard projects with mental energy, you will get through them quicker.
- listen to what people really need, you will come up with new ideas and answers to their problems.
- keep your eyes open, you will see things that are not visible to ordinary eye.
- make sacrifices, you will reap rewards.
- care enough about other people’s success, they will care about your success.
- have fun along the way, you will keep going.
It has been quite a ride and I would not trade it for the world. I hope you will stay around for the next 25 years!
I want to personally thank each of you who have been reading our Monday Motivators, been friends of Office Dynamics, readers of our blogs, conference attendees, workshop attendees or just a “fan” in some way, shape or form.
We could not do it without all you and I am deeply honored to serve so many people.
Please be sure to stay connected with Office Dynamics, especially through our big anniversary month. We have exciting things happening in honor of 25 years.
Surprises will be coming in many forms…be sure you’re connected with us on ALL fronts!
Here are the places you’ll want to be watching:
- Connect with us on Facebook
- Follow @OfficeDynamics on Twitter
- Follow our Company Page on LinkedIn
- Subscribe to and frequently share your thoughts at our Blog (there’s a subscribe field in the upper right of this page)
- Register to attend our next free webinar – The Star Performer’s Secret Sauce
- and of course, subscribe to Monday Motivators!