I decided to pull out this Monday Motivator from 2013 because it is a favorite of mine, still holds true and in fact, I believe it to be truer than ever before. Since I wrote this in 2013, I have expanded my mind to the worlds of:
- Focus instead of multitasking
- Engagement instead of entitlement
- Being revolutionary
- Being resilient
- Creativity and innovation
- The dangers of a digital world
- And so much more!
I have dug deep into each of those topics and am excited about every one of them. But I’m not only the student, I am an advocate for each area and firmly believe in the concepts. I hope you enjoy reading the following.
I have always been hungry to learn. Or I should say, once I finished high school I gained an appreciation for learning. I went right into the workforce after high school and fortunately landed good jobs early in my career. I was exposed to and worked with some very bright executives. I was intrigued by the business world and how people acted and interacted. I observed their behaviors and listened to how they spoke. My hunger for knowledge grew stronger and stronger. I was also blessed during my younger working years, to have 3 outstanding executive mentors who I supported in various industries. I was a sponge and soaked up everything they had to offer. I was off to a very good start.
Well, that continued as years passed and I am still hungry to learn. As the saying goes, “The more I know, the more I need to know.” I learn from the savvy executive assistants who attend my training programs, the executives who hire me, and from anyone I come in contact with as I travel the country. My vision is broadened as I meet people when I travel and attend industry conferences.
I hope you will be an every-day student; don’t ever be so full of yourself that you stop learning.
I know Thanksgiving is right around the corner so for this last full week before the holiday, here are some actions you can take.
- Observe the people you interact most with at the workplace. What actions do they take that you admire? What don’t you like that they do or say? What makes them shine above other employees? Is that a trait or traits you can work on?
- Listen! Stop all the distractions when people are talking to you or are in near range. What words do they use that make them stand out? Do they use creative language or ho-hum talk? Are they clear and concise as to what they want to communicate? What can you learn from them to enhance your own communication skills?
- Purchase one book this week that will expand your mind and vow to finish before the end of this year.
- Every day this week, use one new word that you want to add to your vocabulary.
- What can you learn from your immediate executive? What does he or she do really well that you need to improve upon?
- Are you staying up on the current trends in your organization?
I wish you a great week and a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Feast on learning and take advantage of our Black Friday Sale!
Star Achievement Series Trainer Kit – $1,295 (reg. $1,495)
Online Learning Programs – 40% Off
Executive and Assistant Partnership Bundle – 50% Off
Purchase any of Chrissy Scivicque’s products and receive the webinar Setting Healthy Boundaries in the Workplace for FREE ($49 value).
Word Trippers Subscription – 40% Off
Use promo code BLACKFRIDAY17 at check-out.
BONUS! Make a purchase during our Black Friday Sale and be entered to win 2017 Conference On Demand ($499 value).