Do you struggle with letting your light shine?
When you work in a mid to large size organization it is easy to get lost in the crowd. If you are lost in the crowd, people cannot promote you, support your goals, recommend you for projects or leverage your great talents.
Your job is to get people to notice you in the right way and recognize all you have to offer.
(When People Notice You At Work) The benefits to you are that you will be:
- More successful
- Energized by using your talents
- Viewed as a leader
- Rewarded for your talents
- Recognized as a star performer
- Achieving your goals
Where can you get started?
- Don’t let any positive accomplishment go unnoticed.
- Be visible to the right people.
- Create an assignment that will bring you into close contact with the people who can help you move ahead.
- Be a person of action! Impress people by doing something important or relevant. Be known as someone who comes up with ideas and gets things done.
- Do something for others first! You can make a great impression by first providing a service, doing a good deed, or promoting others.
- Can you send them information about something they are interested in? A project they are working on?
Here are some bonus tips!
- Know the decision-makers in your organization and let them know your talents.
- ALWAYS do the best you can.
- Become an outstanding communicator.
Move from having good to great fundamental skills!
How have you been successful at getting people to notice you at work for a job well done? Please share in the comments below.
Wishing you good luck in getting yourself noticed in a way that will benefit you and your organization.