Office Dynamics launched a series of webinars this year and online courses. We have received numerous requests from assistants for permission to view our recorded or live webinars with their administrative peers or team. This seems to be a hot trend, learning as a team. Here’s some advice on how you can make training for your administrative team fun.
6 Tips To Make Learning Fun & Ensure Your Team Will Remember What They Learned
You and your administrative team can productively attend webinars and online courses:
- After viewing the session, take turns sharing the notes each person took. Sometimes one participant will hear something important that another did not catch. This will increase the value of your training.
- Pause the session at any time and focus on the point the speaker just made. Drill down on the information that was presented. How can you apply it as administrative professionals or as a department?
- Make a list of the top 3 key points each speaker presented. Then build a calendar for future lunch and learn sessions where attendees can bring new information that supports that topic.
- For a course series, hold contests between sessions or at the end of the course. After each session, have attendees submit a short story on how they implemented an idea or used a strategy provided by the speaker. Ask a panel to select the best one; randomly draw a winner, or involve a manager in selecting the best one.
- Suggest that each attendee view the online session prior to the live meeting as a group. Each person should bring one great take-away from the session they previewed to share with the class. Then discuss application of the information. How will you transfer what you learned to your workplace? Or, ask each person to create a fun learning activity to reinforce the information presented.
- While viewing the webinar or online course together, create checklists from the learning session that attendees can use on their own or take back to the administrative professionals in their department.
You might want to test some of these ideas in April in honor of Administrative Professionals Week! Have fun while learning—it is one of the best ways to make content “stick.”