It’s amazing the power one word can have! It was proven to me January of 2017, I decided instead of writing a bunch of goals, I would select one word to be the overarching umbrella of everything I wanted to achieve in 2017. My word was “abundance.” I scribbled this in big letters on an 8 /12 x 11 sheet of paper and then wrote words all around it. Where did I want abundance to show up in my life? Some of my words were: learning, energy, gratitude, business, fun, warmth, generosity, and laughter.
I posted this in my office at home, which I go in just about every day. So I kept feeding this one word into my subconscious on a regular basis. Amazingly, when you put something in your subconscious, your subconscious works to seek things out in line with what you placed there. It works! This is not the first time I’ve seen this happen in my life. I have purchased homes I wanted, wrote books I envisioned in my head and made vacations become my reality.
For 2018, my word is “grow.” The words I wrote around “grow” are:
- Knowledge (I have so much more to learn.)
- Relationships (I have many awesome relationships and want to expand that area of my life.)
- Wellness (I am healthy and strong and I want to continue to grow that area. I need to build muscle strength and balance. As we get older, we have to be very careful about balance.)
- Friendships (I don’t need a ton of friends; I only need a few really great friends. I have a few now and would like to add a few more.)
- Business relationships (To be successful in business, work, and our careers, we must have a vast network to access.)
- Love (I want to grow in showing love, care and compassion to others.
- My gifts! I have been blessed with a special gift that I have been using for 27 years—inspiring others to be their very best. And I have other gifts to uncover. SO DO YOU!
- Forgiveness (There is always room for improvement in this area.)
- Family connections (I have a huge, close, wonderful family. Yet there are cousins and relatives I have not stayed in touch with and want to do so. They feed my soul.)
- Spiritual (My spiritual pillar is very important to me. I definitely need to commit time to this area for reflection, attending service, reading my Bible, and being involved in my wonderful church.
So, what is your word going to be for 2018? Looking at the big picture of this year, what do you want to happen? What do you want to call forth into your life? If you don’t plan it, then life will throw you wherever it wants. That is not to say your life will be perfect and you won’t hit barriers. But you must set the stage for positivity in your life.
Facebook Friday—Fast, Five Minutes, Focused, and Fun!
On Friday, January 12, I started something new called Facebook Friday. I thought it would be great to provide our fans with some words of inspiration as they wrap up their week. Or I may share an “aha” I had for the week or something new I learned by being out in the field.
My plan is to go live on Fridays around 10:00 am PT just for about 5 minutes. (Unless I’m training, on vacation, or spending special time with my grandkids).
In closing, you can “bookend your week with me” by reading Monday Motivators to kick off your week and ending your crazy, busy week with me on Facebook Friday to ease into your weekend.
Take care and make it a great week.
P.S. If you would like more information like this delivered to your inbox, you’re going to want to Sign Up for Monday Motivators!