To end my 4 part series, I wanted to share my quick list of tips with you. In case you missed the rest of the series, you can read part 1 here, part 2 here and part 3 here. Remember that doing several little things throughout your day can also improve your productivity. You can pick and choose which ones you would like to try. Best of luck.
- Standardize processes.
- Focus on tasks of high value.
- Clarify objectives.
- Learn to think on paper.
- Anticipate upcoming work events or projects.
- Avoid backlogs of work by keeping information flowing.
- Flexibility leads to control. Use your “to do” list or other tools, but don’t let them control you.
- When given a project or task, get all the information you can at once.
- Excuse yourself from idle chatter after a few minutes.
- When involved in discussions, stick to the issue at hand.
- Finish what you start; avoid jumping around (multitasking).
- Keep an organized workspace.
I hope you enjoyed this 4 part Series. I hope you continue to enjoy your summer.
This blog was created from our Monday Motivators series. Monday Motivators is a weekly note offering practical ways to create a new mindset, change behaviors, develop positive relationships and thrive in the workplace with energy, effectiveness, and excellence.