BIG Focus: Focus versus Multi-tasking
I want you to focus on killing multitasking! Yes, you read that correctly! While many people boast about being a great multitasker, there are volumes of research on the negative effects of multitasking. Doing several things at once . . .
- decreases productivity by as much as 40%.
- lowers your IQ.
- affects the quality of your work.
- kills the ability to think creatively.
- limits the ability to make wise decisions.
- decreases memory function.
Heavy multitaskers are more easily distracted by irrelevant information than those who aren’t constantly in a multimedia frenzy according to a study in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.