For more than two decades I have been teaching assistants about the benefits of working together. While I often hear about the challenges and issues assistants have with their peers, assistants can find strength in community and unity.
When administrative professionals work together . . .
- There is less duplication resulting in savings to the company and increased productivity.
- You can learn streamlining techniques from each other.
- Gain a new perspective. (Provided you keep an open mind.)
- Add fun to your ho-hum routine.
- Working together can mean consistency for out of office coverage.
- Expansion of what the team together can accomplish that one person alone cannot do.
So what can you do to promote teamwork and collaboration across your administrative community?
- Put the company first. Let co-workers know that your concern is for the success of the company—not just successful fulfillment of your job responsibilities or career goals.
- Share your ideas. Make suggestions whenever appropriate.
- Welcome input from others. Respect the ideas of others, just as you would like them to respect yours.
- Ask for help. If someone in the office is an expert in an area, ask for his or her advice.
- Remain committed. Problems and frustrations may arise, but don’t give up. Be supportive of your colleagues—you need them as much as they need you.
- Trust your colleagues. You and your co-workers are working toward one common goal—a successful company.
- Remember no man is an island. Whether there are two administrative professionals in your office or 200, joining forces with your administrative peers will contribute to greater success for your organization.
What do you or your peers do to create administrative unity and synergy?
“I came with personal high expectation for this program. I left with personal high expectations of myself. The program is intense, interactive, but very fun!”
– Renee Gibbs, CWCA
The World Class Assistant Certification program is a highly interactive 3-day training course that pushes you to tap into your potential.
“Register today and join an elite group of administrative professionals.” https://officedynamics.com/world-class-assistant/