There is a huge fiery dragon roaming the earth. Some days, the dragon is a little more tame and other days the dragon is on a rampage breathing fire.
Do you know this dragon? You may not be directly affected by this dragon the dragon can be creating pain for your industry, your employer, managers, executives, and customers.
Now, what do I mean by starve the dragon? I mean don’t get pulled down and sucked into negative talk, doomsday conversations, and negative attitudes. When this type of thing happens, people (you and me—every day folks) stop buying; put life on hold; and then we actually create the worst case scenarios.
- Be positive. When others around are talking about how awful everything is, acknowledge their correctness and then say, “Yeah, but we are a strong country. We have pulled out of tough times before.” Or, “Yes, that is true but I’m focusing on what I can do to make things better.”
- Stay hopeful. This will not last forever. Nothing lasts forever, no matter how bad it is. It may seem like it takes forever, but it will eventually end. Focus on what you can do today.
- Think lean and streamline processes wherever you can. Save your company money wherever you can. Spend but spend wisely. Remember, if you have to do something over, you are costing your company money. Do the right thing right, the first time. This means slow down, proofread, pay attention and question anything that seems out of sorts to you.
- Uplift others. As we uplift others, they inspire others and we create a possible ripple which then motivates people to do well.
- Be strategic. When planning upcoming seminars, conferences, and training – see how they line up and teach you strategies that you can bring back and implement in your workplace. Put together a presentation showing your executive the benefits of the training. Everyone needs to be a star in their job today. Mediocrity is not acceptable! Therefore, you need to invest in learning (even if your employer can’t support you). If you do your due diligence and promote the benefits of what you will learn and then use persuasion skills, you should be a winner!
- Do not…. Do not…. Get pulled into the negative talk. That just feeds the ugly dragon.
Let’s help move things forward in a positive way. Choose to avoid negative talk in the office (as well as outside of the office).
Be a part of the solution, not the problem.
Have a great week.
Are you looking to up your admin game? Check out our new guide and pre-order your copy today.