Happy Monday! Fall is in the air and I love it. Fall is all around us whether you live where the beautiful trees are overflowing with color or in the West where we feel the crisp morning and evening air. Halloween decorations and costume advertisements popping up everywhere. This is my favorite time of year. What about you?
I am very eager and excited to share with you the top 3 struggles assistants face in partnering with their executives. In preparation for a webinar I held on October 8 called Managing Your Executive’s Day, we sent out a survey and received 700+ responses to the questions “What is your biggest struggle in partnering with your executive?” That is a terrific response rate.
Here are some comments we received. Can you relate?
- Identifying his needs. He does not communicate well . . . operates on “information on an as-needed basis” which is always too late.
- Need for access to his email. He is a procrastinator and asks me to do things at the last minute that he has known about but doesn’t tell me about.
- Mind reading!
- Finding the time to “corner” him for input on issues that pop up throughout the day.
- Him taking the time to meet with me to have regular 1:1s.
- Communication (ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto!)
- Scheduling; too many meetings in a day. Blocking his calendar to work on his projects.